Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) is a service offered by the U.S. Postal Service which allows individuals and businesses to target mailers to specific neighborhoods as cost-efficiently as possible, all without a mailing list! Simply put, it's a great way to reach more customers, increase revenue, while still keeping costs down.
Benefits of EDDM:
- No mailing list required (nor do you have to purchase a mailing list)
- Pay postage prices that are a fraction of the cost of presort standard bulk mail (as low as 15.6 cents!)
- You can design larger postcards, and still pay less than you would with other bulk mailing services
- Great for businesses and individuals who want to target a geographical area
To make the whole process easier, GotPrint also offers a full EDDM service. We take care of all of the bundling, paperwork and delivery to the Post Office for you to save you the extra time and work involved with getting your EDDM mailers delivered. And the best part of all, postage prices are only 15.6 cents, and you don't need a postage permit!
EDDM Eligible Sizes:
- 4" x 11"
- 4.25" x 11"
- 4.5" x 11"
- 6.5" x 8"
- 6.5" x 9"
- 6" x 11"
- 6.5" x 12"
- 8" x 10"
- 8.5" x 11"
- 9" x 11"
- 9" x 12"
Here's how GotPrint's EDDM service works
- Simply provide us with the zip codes and carrier routes you would like. You may use USPS site's tool to find these routes.
- Then, give us a call at 1.877.922.7374 and choose option 3 to reach our direct marketing professionals who will create a unique direct marketing proposal for you.
- Download our EDDM Mailing templates, follow our design instructions, and submit your files to us.
- After print, we will generate the postage statement and facing slips, bundle your postcards and deliver to the local Post Office of the area you wish to target. Your postcards will be delivered to the targeted areas.
EDDM: There's 2 options to choose from
If you decide you'd like to take care of the paperwork, bundling and delivery to the Post Office yourself, you have two options to choose from: BMEU (Business Mail Entry Unit) or Retail.
If you have a postage permit, please follow the . With this option, postage prices are 15.6 cents, and you may deliver more than 5,000 mailers per Post Office/per day. However, if you do not have a postage permit, you may follow the , which allows up to 5,000 mailers per Post Office/per day, and postage is 17.7 cents.
We have free EDDM downloadable templates that you can choose from. EDDM postcards have specific size and labeling requirements, so please be sure to use our templates to ensure your design meets USPS's requirements, otherwise, your postcard will not be accepted for delivery.
**Please make sure to use the correct template, as there are separate instructions and templates for BMEU and Retail. Please contact your local U.S. Post Office to confirm availability and requirements prior to printing.**